Water kefir grains (WKG) create a carbonated lacto-fermented beverage from sugar water, fruit juice, or coconut water. Incredibly easy to make, water kefir makes a fantastic non-dairy alternative to milk kefir and can be flavored to make a range of delicious beverages, or as an ingredient in many recipes!
- This box contains 1 packet of traditional, heirloom-style water kefir grains.
- Rehydration period of 3-4 days with unchlorinated, unfluoridated water and cane sugar is required before regular use.
- Cultures on the counter at 68°-85°F.
- Can be used to culture sugar water, fruit juice, and coconut water.
- Reusable culture - makes up to 2 quarts water kefir with every batch.
- Having trouble making water kefir? Browse our Water Kefir Troubleshooting Articles or contact us for assistance.
- Organic sugar, live active cultures
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
- Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing soy and dairy.
Shipping and Storage Information
Our water kefir grains are shipped in a dehydrated state in a barrier-sealed packet. The product keeps:
- At room temperature (68° to 78°F): 12 to 18 months
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 18+ months
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): not recommended
Additional Details About Water Kefir Grains
Water kefir grains can create a new batch of water kefir every 24-48 hours. One packet of grains can culture up to 8 cups of water. Finished water kefir (not grains) may be used to culture non-dairy milks, for a non-dairy milk kefir alternative.
Actual product may differ from image shown above.